ATLANTA, Ga. - The Coastal Collegiate Sports Association (CCSA) awarded its 2019 Beach Volleyball Scholar-Athlete of the Year honor to Florida State's Macy Jerger, announced Wednesday by the league office. Voted on by the CCSA league SIDs, Jerger is joined by nine other Beach Volleyball student-athletes on the All-Academic Team.
Jerger collects her third-consecutive CCSA Scholar-Athlete of the Year award after an outstanding senior campaign for the Seminoles. The Fort Myers, Fla. native posted an impressive 22-4 record on the season, which stands as the best on the squad. She has played matches on two courts this season, with most of her action coming at the No. 5 court. Jerger sits with 89 dual wins for her career.
In the classroom, Jerger continues to excel as she holds a 3.85 cumulative GPA as a Biology major. Jerger and the Seminoles rank 3rd nationally in the latest AVCA Poll and are the No. 1 seed heading into the CCSA Beach Volleyball Championship, as the 'Noles look to make it four-in-a-row and make a return to the NCAA Championships.
The All-Academic Team recognizes student-athletes who excel both on the court and in the classroom. All the members of the team boast a 3.30 cumulative grade point average or better and participated in at least half of their team's matches.
CCSA BEACH VOLLEYBALL ALL-ACADEMIC TEAM
- Macy Jerger, Florida State (Senior | 3.85 | Biology)
- Carly Scarbrough, FAU (Senior | 3.98 | Biological Sciences)
- Lina Bernier, FIU (Junior | 3.82 | Biomedical Engineering)
- Margherita Bianchin, FIU (Senior | 3.82 | International Relations)
- Dorina Klinger, FIU (Senior | 4.00 | Marketing)
- Georgia Johnson, Georgia State (Junior | 3.97 | International Relations)
- Ashley McGinn, Georgia State (Senior | 3.90 | Computer Information Systems)
- Kristen Nuss, LSU (Junior | 3.67 | Kinesiology)
- Tressa Buckland, UAB (Senior | 3.78 | Environmental Health Sciences)
- Emily Martinez, UAB (Graduate | 3.94 | Accounting)