Victoria Paranagua - Florida State
LakePoint, Ga. – Florida's State's pairing of Victoria Paranagua and Macy Jerger went a perfect 4-0 for the Seminoles in last weekend's East Meets West Beach Volleyball Invitational to claim this week's Coastal Collegiate Sports Association (CCSA) Beach Volleyball Pair of the Week honors, the conference office announced on Tuesday.
The pair went perfect against some tough competition as they secured victories against three pairs from top-10 schools. The pair opened the Invitational with a straight set sweep of No. 6 Long Beach State at court three, winning 21-15, 21-16 to help the Seminoles to a team win. They followed that up with another straight set win against Cal Poly to close the first day of the Invitational.
On the second day, Paranagua and Jerger continued their excellent form with two victories against No. 3 Pepperdine and No. 4 UCLA. The pair showed toughness and grit winning both matches in three sets to keep the Seminoles right in the match. They defeated Pepperdine 15-10 in the final set, while winning against UCLA 15-13 in the third set.
The Seminoles are staying out west this week as they travel to Honolulu, Hawaii to to play in the Outrigger Hawai'i Invitational at Queens Beach. Florida State is scheduled to face USC, Utah, Arizona and Hawaii with play beginning on Thursday, March 16th.
CCSA Beach Volleyball Pair of the Week – Mar. 14th
Victoria Paranagua & Macy Jerger, Florida State
Junior | Austin, Texas / Sophomore | Fort Myers, Fla.
- Second Career CCSA Beach Volleyball Pair of the Week Honor for Paranagua, first for Jerger
- Finished East Meets West Invitational with 4-0 record at court three
- Started weekend with two straight set wins vs. No. 6 LBSU and Cal Poly
- Closed weekend with wins against No. 3 Pepperdine and No. 4 UCLA
- Helped the Seminoles to two team victories in East Meets West Invitational
- Pair is undefeated through the first two weeks of the season